Sunday, May 07, 2006

KLPAC

To view 61 photos taken by KC at KLPAC, please click here.
.
The photos for MMDS1 Duathlon at Dataran Merdeka are finally ready!
Participants can buy their photos from here: www.andylim.com/hotshots
Note: It takes extra seconds to download. Photographer: Andy Lim.
.
Together with another 14 Speaker’s Dream Toastmasters Club members, we went to KL Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC) at Sentul, Kuala Lumpur, on Saturday 6 May. I arrived there slightly early at 6.15pm as I wanted to take some photos of the scenic surrounding.

I have not been to this place before but I have seen those photos taken by the photography friends. So, on a solo mission, I equipped myself with the necessary photographic tools and hurriedly taking photos as any moment soon, there would not be enough light when the sun sank below the horizon.


What really amazed me was when I looked at the photos earlier, I thought there was a huge empty land near the Japanese Restaurant. But when I reached there, I had a rude awakening that it was only a small compound.

At 7.30pm, we were ushered into one of the studio rooms at top floor of KLPAC. Most of the invited guests were seated on the floor with shoes left outside the room. It was a graduation night for the 14 committed and enthusiastic cast of the academy.

We went there to support our sifu, Monti, who was receiving the Certificate of Achievement and at the same time, to have a feel of what “acting” was like. It was an excellence idea that before the certificates were awarded, the cast performed and demonstrated a fraction of what they had learned to the audience.

Different from running, the prominent muscles that have to be strong and active when performing arts must be the face muscles as facial expression was most vital. Nevertheless, it would be great idea that during runs, we would also exercise our facial expression: make a face, put on a brave face, keep a straight face, etc.

According to the announcement, one lady member from the cast comes from Penang. She was so committed that she boarded an express bus from Penang on every Saturday morning. She would arrive at KLPAC in the late morning, rehearsed with the cast and later boarded another express bus back to Penang in the evening.

Taking photos in this room was easy. I just sit there quietly clicking away, but the result was not that stunning as flash was not used in order not to disturb the performance.

So, if you are interested in performing arts, send an email to me. I would establish connection for you. The reward, according to the instructor, is bountiful. For shooting in TV commercials, the fees could be a few hundred thousands Ringgits.

Sunday Morning Run, 7 May

I woke up at 4am by the ring of alarm clock. While lying on the bed, I could still hear droplets of water hitting the gutter at long interval. The rain must have stopped after raining a few hours ago before I slept. Standing by the window, I could feel the freshness and coolness of air.

The bad news was that I felt dizzy after having endured a few days with flu. After a self-check, I decided to cancel my Sunday 20km training run with Chee Wee and Meng that started at Bukit Aman. After sending a SMS message to the guys, I continued with my sleep.

I woke up again at 9am. I felt guilty for not able to run this morning. On a normal Sunday, I would have completed my 20km run, met new friends and chatted with Pacesetters runners. This morning, nothing much was done. I did not siege the moment and let it past.

Though it is tough to be involved in lots of work or activities and scarifying good times, but there is a sense of accomplishment and I later feel good. I believe satisfaction in life is derived from the achievement after putting in lots of efforts; it is not the case of just sit there and not doing anything.

By KC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi KC,

Indeed, we missed you last Sunday morning. It was a wonderful Sunday; so much of activities were happening in that cooling morning.

Take care & hope you will have a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Hi P-11,

Thanks... not only that I felt guilty for sleeping until 9am, I also missed the fun. I heard that there were lots of runners on Sunday morning.

regards,
KC :-)