Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Duathlon MMDS 1 - The Best Action Photos

Jelita Run: Half the runners would not be able to tell first-hand what it was like running the recent Jelita Run on Sunday 30 April at Dataran Merdeka as that race only accepts women participants.

Please click here to read an interesting account written by May Ching. Alternatively, you can also visit her weblog by clicking the link at the left sidebar of this web site.

Duathlon: Pre-race briefing, collection of race entry pack, hi-tea and fellowship: Please click here to view 78 photos taken by KC.


After browsing through a whopping 800 photos taken by Jason Lee and Yours Truly, I have selected the following photo shots which I like. These are photos of “leng lui” (beautiful girls) and “leng chai” (macho, handsome guys). I believe you would agree with me.
x
x
These photos are considered the cream of the crop as it is not possible to publish too many of them at the main page of this web site that will affect the data transmission response time.
x

x
Looking at the photos, I recognize that Duathlon race is very pleasing to the eyes: the jerseys in vibrant colour add varieties to the sports; the tight-fitting biking shorts and body hugging jerseys highlight the masculinity and body curve of the racers; the designer sunglasses look cool despite basking in hot sun; the aerodynamic helmets looks futuristic.
x

x
Above all, the main attraction would be the wonders of human engineering invention – the gorgeous road racing bicycles. Another observation was that the racers in Duathlon are muscular as compared to runners who are lean – especially Yours Truly.
x
One lady friend of mine who lives in Hong Kong commented that as long as there are four seasons in a year that promote wearing different types of clothing at different times of the year, that add diversities to life. When in tropical country, we just wear the same type of clothing – especially guys – as the weather does not change much.

x
Since there are two distinct types of activities – cycling and running – in Duathlon, it is much like having two seasons in a year that requires different type of apparels. In running, all we need is a vest and mini length shorts – not much variation can derived from there. Anyway, we have to accept that different games demand different type of gears.
x

x
x

x


To view Duathlon photos, please click at the April 2004 Archives at the left sidebar. Scroll to the right posting.
By KC ... :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi KC, Are you praising the bicycles or the gals ah? ... hehe

Anonymous said...

Hi KC, I am writing to fill the void on the Jelita run. It was a low-profile run .... and it did not dawn upon me until the morning of the run after I parked my car (Lake Garden) and walked down Jln Parliamen. Normally, I would see runners with their bibs walking toward the square. On this morning, it was so quiet that I had to check my reporting card to ensure I had to right date and time! I find it odd to walk alone and until I finally saw a traffic police encik that my heart was rest assured. In the first enclosure were the 7km runners, and well, one can actually visually count the numbers. There was an aerobic warm-up session in the field. I did not participate as I wanted to get in first. This is the first time that I was running in the 7km route and thought it might not be too difficult. The start was slightly earlier than 7.30am and boy, was I glad that the regular matronly announcer was not around today. Sometimes, it is quite grating listening to her. Back to the run again, it was the first time I could actually see the first runner for the first few kms. Usually, I could not even smell a whiff of the leading runners. The competition was quite stiff as there were a relatively good number of veteran runners. I was already exerting myself to keep pace as the women were running quite closely. We were staggered mid-way, which was good, and I did not feel so stressed up. The refreshment points were not well patronised that the runners would rather just continue. Moreover it was a short run. My last 100m was a sprint which saw me overtaking 2 runners. Came in 7th and quite pleased with myself. There were 5 prizes (gift hampers)only. No sweat even if I didn't manage to nab a prize. Just wanted to give the women's run some support.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for your interesting comments.

Remember the three musketeers counting the runners' positions? If you were number 7, which mean I would have seen you. Sorry that I could not remember who is who.

Can I post your short report into the main page? Please reply via email.

Best regards,
KC :-)