Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Careless Move

“Ahhhhhhh!” when I regained my composure, it had already happened. It happened just within split seconds – I slipped. At that very moment, the right leg was extended outward and my entire body weight landed with my left knee hitting the ground.

It hurt. It was really painful at that moment. I could not even walk and I just stood there motionless squeezing the affected area – trying to subdue the pain. With low tolerance to pain, my tears were oozing instantly as an instinct response. There were abrasion with blood and bruises with blue-black marks surrounding the knee.

I just came back from a bout of usual weekly badminton game at 9:00 p.m. The driveway was wet after the Friday evening rain. The light-weighted sandal that I wore must have “no flowers” – poor in traction. I accidentally slide and lost my balance when I walked down the slight slope of the driveway. In this case, instead of landed on my buttocks – not a very artistic pose – I landed quite in style – like those guys proposing to gals. The only different was that my facial expression was in pain and not smiling.

The first thing that came to my mind was that: Oh no! I would not be able the run on the coming Sunday morning, 14 January. And I do not know how long I have to wait for it to heal.

Incidentally, I have just drawn up a training plan preparing for the coming Kuala Lumpur International Marathon (18 March) a few days ago. And this Sunday morning, the group of running friends is supposed to run 20km starting at Bukit Aman car park.

After a heavy rain on Saturday evening, the next morning must nice and cool – most pleasant for a great Sunday morning run. Looks like I will have to give it a miss.

By KC

4 comments:

C-CUBE said...

KC: take care n recover soon

John said...

How unfortunate. Take care and hope for a speedy recovery. Don't worry abt the coming races as they are always there.

Keipo said...

KC:

Don't worry,sure u can recover in time for training and well prepare for KLIM.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your well wishes.
Yes, there is always another race another time.

regards,
KC :-)