Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Appearing in The SUN and The EDGE

“Get The SUN newspaper and buy The EDGE magazine,” one of my running friends sent sms to me on Monday morning, 21 August. “Report is out on RHB Group’s participation in the Kuala Lumpur Rat Race 2006.”


I managed to get a copy of The SUN newspaper and immediately, I started frantically flipping the pages. Yes, there was the story on Page 13. Though the photo was a little small, I could easily recognize it. Of course, with such a small-sized group photo, only Steven, Tony and I, where we will represent RHB Bank in this event, could recognize where we were standing.

Last week, the Penguin runners were excited over the participation in the coming Genting Trailblazer Challenge. So, this week, the topic was changed to The EDGE Kuala Lumpur Rat Race.

As for The EDGE magazine, I managed to buy a copy in the evening at a Shell petrol station in USJ after a few failed attempts at the newsstands.

Though the two reports were written by the same reporters (two young Chinese girls), the contents were better in The EDGE. It mentioned about corporate social responsibility which was most appropriate by any organization to contribute to charity for a good cause.

Well, running has a better meaning for me when running in this special event.

By KC

No comments: