Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Mistaken Identity - Revisiting Ipoh KRI

Do you still remember this photo when I first posted it in this weblog last Monday? Chee Wee was transmitting the Ipoh KRI photos to me using email via Internet broadband connection on Monday, 21 November. Due to errors in transmission, I only managed to receive nine photos in the earlier batches.


When I first saw the photo where Chantelle was standing next to a mat salleh (foreigner), I was very excited because I thought that she managed to take a group photo with Ron Hill, the legendary runner from Britain who was there to grace the occasion. Happily, I posted it in the weblog together with another photo showing medals and trophies.

When I received all the photos later, I saw one photo where a much older gentleman was holding a pen signing autograph on the chest of a runner – that must be Ron Hill. Then only I realized that the gentleman standing next to Chantelle was a different person.

Later, Chantelle told me that the gentleman standing next to her was actually her friend, Dan, who came to Ipoh to support the run. He is an expatriate working in Malaysia.

We hope that Dan would get used to our Malaysian’s way of life and hospitality. Dan is most welcome to join us in training runs at Bukit Aman.


This is definitely Ron Hill. Viewing the photo where he signed autograph on the chest of one runner, that reminded me of a comedy movie which I saw while I was a teenager. A guy was attracted to a beautiful and voluptuous journalist in tight-fitting T-shirt. On her chest was a badge that says: The Press. So this guy fixed his gaze at the badge with index finger in pointing position and walked towards her. He was pulled back nervously by his friends just in the nick of time before irreversible consequence could happen.

By KC ... :-)

No comments: