Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Final 20km Fling

To view things happening at Bukit Aman car park, please click here.
x
This Sunday morning training run will be the final fling before we go to Singapore for Singapore International Marathon on 4 December.

At 6am, we gathered a few runners to the Hartamas way for the 20km training run. It was just like taxis when they round up the all the passengers for the same destination. The runners were: Weng, Steven, Meng, PK Chan, TanAB, Lim FW and I. All are moderately fast runners.


While running, Meng said, “Since there is no girl runner in the pack, we are running at quite a fast pace.” PK then said, “At least we do not have to do loop-back.” I had a good laugh at it. When a slow runner is running in the same pack, the faster runner would have to surge forward and run backward in order to accompany the slower runner. And we all knew very well that was the technique when we used when accompanying Princes Leia to Hartamas long, long time ago.

While having pit stop at the Petronas station at Hartamas, the huge signage caught my attention:

Petrol Original Price= RM 2.797
Government Subsidize= RM 1.177
Retail Price= RM 1.620

One runner commented that the information was useful for people to understand the current situation before we complain about soar in petrol price.

There was not much talking this time as everyone was fairly serious in the training run. After the pit stop at Hartamas, there was none at all. We were very focus and ran with real competition mood.
.
Meantime, back at Bukit Aman car park: I had a brief conversation with Carmen, the triathlete, that she would not be running the Singapore marathon due to leg injury sustained recently. I wished her speedy recovery.
There was hype of activities at the Bukit Aman car park this morning.
.
I was surprised that the Mizuno Wave Run bibs and T-shirts were ready for collection. I was worried as my friends are asking me to register for them. Do they still accept application for the Mizuno Wave Run?

When I approached Lisa who was in-charged of the registration, she showed me a stack of forms which have not been processed. Good response.

I was most impressed to see a mat salleh lady runner completing the Mizuno form on the ground. Why wouldn’t she just rest on the car around her? I finally got the answer myself: would you want your car to be used as the platform for completing forms?



I think the most sought after person was Francis. Before he could open his booth for business, the runners were gathering around him. That reminded me of those popular stall in Pasar Malam where we actually waited for the stall to open.
.
Hafidz Fikri requirs a photo to go with his article in the next edition of Footloose magazine. So I asked him to run slowly while I took his photos. He has to NG (no good; term uses by movie directors) once in order to get the good shots.
x
To view things happening at Bukit Aman car park, please click here.
x
By KC
x

1 comment:

TriStupe said...

wishing carmen a speedy recovery too.