Monday, June 01, 2009

View From the Summit

From Jayne Aw

Wow, looks like you guys & gals were having great fun at Gunung Nuang on Saturday, 23 May. Certainly I have missed all the drama, the pains, the tears (I mean tearing of muscles), etc, etc.....

BTW, welcome to the "Torturous" Camp, of which I am an inmate since February 2009. I have forgotten how I signed up for EBC but surely I wasn't my normal self then, kind of being convinced into sending an email to KC to say "Yes, I will be joining the EBC trekking".

I have had my fair share of what you are going through now. Besides going through "Mechanical Change", you should also go through "Mental Change". Otherwise you will end up frustrated trekking alongside the Amazon trekkers, as they are the tai koh and tai ka cheh (big brothers and sisters) of jungle.

For the past 3 months, I have been subjected to trekking after trekking and suffering in silence (occasionally releasing the suffering by writing). While my logical mind has been haranguing me to stop here if I think it is too tough, there is a little voice at my left chest whispering to me "Follow your heart and go with it". So it is and so be it.

I also like to collect quotable quotes that keep me uplifted such as this:

“Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain.
An occasional glance toward the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. Climb slowly, steadily, enjoying each passing moment; and the view from the summit will serve as a fitting climax for the journey.” -- Harold B. Melchart
So it is OK to climb slowly and take time to admire the Nature.

Photo showing Jayne Aw who will be trekking to Everest Base Camp this October 2009. click here for more details.
Posted by KC
.

No comments: