Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Broga Hill - Prelude

The EBC team click here and other new members will be going for a fellowship-of-trekkers trekking this Saturday 13 June at Broga Hill. So far, response is good; about 32 trekkers have indicated to come.

Since this is a short trail (compared to Gunung Nuang on 23 May), the team shall go for a sumptuous lunch at the renown restaurant serving famous Ikan Bakar. The fishes are caught from a pond nearby and freshly grilled ... hmmm... yummy yummy.


I was communicating with a co-Team Lead of EBC_4Oct2009 a few days ago. I told him that after running up the peak of Broga Hill, I ran down; then ran to the Broga town which is about 2 km away. Then I ran further in to look for a Chinese temple – a landmark for the famous Ikan Bakar restaurants.

According to Sharon, another lady trekker who took part in the 25km Ball Breaker Challenge Run (Yes, guys beware!!) at Broga Hill on 7 June 2009, she said next to the temple is the famous Ikan Bakar restaurant.

Immediately after the Police Station, I saw a temple and two restaurants opposite, and then I ran back to my car 2km away.

When I called the co-Team Lead, he said the Chinese temple is about 10km away from the town. So I said, "I did not run far enough!!"

So come this Saturday, we shall go in MPVs or cars and I do not have to run there.

The above photos are extracted from here and here.

Written by KC
.

3 comments:

LieWei said...

Broga Hill looks like a nice place to hike...beautiful view

Shiek Eng Meng said...

Hi KC

I was at Broga last Saturday ... this place seems to be very popular nowadays. There were a lot, I mean a lot of people last Saturday. I would estimate about 120 to 150 cars parked all the way along the main road. Parking were full inside the palm estate.

Maybe it was because of the school holidays and I saw many family groups.

Traffic going up and down the hill was a bit jammed up with easily couple of hundreds people or more.

Regards
Shiek

Nicky Ang said...

Hi KC,

This is Nicky Ang and many thanks for showing my photos on your blog!!!

Thank you very much!