Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Yeah! Here Comes the Medal

I was interrupted in my thinking when someone rang my doorbell amid writing the next posting. Thinking that it would be another grass-cutter man who eyed the patch of overgrown and unkempt grass at the front yard, I just let it waited for a few more seconds as he was the fifth guy that day.

To my amazement, it was a courier delivery guy. From the despatch note, the sender was from Sarawak. On the big yellow envelope, it was hand-written at the bottom right corner that says: Please Handle with Care! TQ.

When I opened it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was another 4x9 inches white envelope with the Saberkas RH Marathon sticker on it. Yes, the Organizers sent the finisher medal over, which some of the runners did not received on the race day. It was most thoughtful of the Organizer to ask the dispatcher to handle the medal with care.

The letter says:

Dear KC,

Thank you for your participation in our inaugural SABERKAS RH Marathon 2006!

We hope you had enjoyed the race and our Sarawakian hospitality.

We understand that you are among one of the eligible participants who have not received the finishing medal in time.

Enclosed please find your well-deserved medal.

Once again, our heartfelt thanks to your support of this event and congratulations on finishing the race!

Your Sincerely,

JASON TAI,
Marketing Director
On behalf of SABERKAS RH MARATHON 2006.

Talking about efficiency and I think the Organizers scored top marks for upholding something unfinished – we received our medals only after a lapse of two weeks. The Saberkas RH Marathon was my most memorable runs so far, surpassing the Singapore International Marathon 2005. For sure, you have my support for the participation of next Saberkas Marathon.

By KC ... :-))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi KC and gang , as a sarawakian I am very happy to hear that al of you had a very good experience in Kuching ! And indeed , I am proud to hear that RH Saberkas did a very good job of the first big event.I gave it a miss this year because it was too close to KLIM . I shall definitely run next year .
I am avery regular visitor to your site, great pics and stories !! Keep up the excellent work..!! Abot Naros . abot.naros@gmail.com