Thursday, April 08, 2010

F1 Petronas Malaysian GP 2010

Please click here to view photos (Album #2) taken by yours truly (KC) on Sunday, 4 April 2010 - F1 Race Day
.
Lots of passionate F1 fans waiting for the Driver's Authographs session

"Are you the guy from the Sunshine Runners blogsite? You look familiar ... " A tall, young and good looking Malay guy inside the barricade area asked me. Together with the F1 fans, Jason Lee, Shukri and I were standing next to a railing patiently waiting for the F1 stars to arrive for Driver's Autographs session at 12 noon on Sunday, 4 April 2010 -- the final race day. It was announced that the passionate fans actually started to line up as early as 8 a.m.

Initiation of Starting Grid Parade

I was pleased that someone could recognize me from the blog. It sounds like I also have a fan. After a brief exchange of pleasantries, I asked him why he was there. Due to the loud environment with radio DJ from Hitz FM entertaining the crowd, I could only see that his gesture pointing to a Maybank foreign exchange outlet about 10 feet away. After knowing that his name is Afig, I thought that this name is unique.

Huge crowd at the C3 Hillstand

When I read in the Star newspaper on Tuesday 6 April 2010, I saw a familiar face: AFIQ is one of the rising stars of drivers in the Formula BMW Pacific Series. Now it makes sense why he is inside the restricted area. I should have known that he must be of someone special in this F1 motorsports, and get his autographs and take photos with him... :-) When he is as famous as Michael Schumacher one day, that photo with Afiq would be valuable.
.

The 1Malaysia F1 car






Afiq in the Formula BMW Pacific Series

Written and posted by KC

No comments: