Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gunung Nuang - Part 2

Please click here to view photos of Gunung Nuang by courtesy of Jayne Aw.
I always have a love-hate feeling for Gunung Nuang. Love it for it's a good place for mountain trekking training; hate it for its tough terrain that is often muddy and slippery, coupled with the never ending winding path to the exit point. And what a name for Puncak Pengasih. Who would ever trek for 5 hours to find love up there but ended up exhausted and out of breath. Nevertheless, I did manage to reach the peak this time (Saturday 14 March 2009). I did not make it to the peak in my first 3 treks due to time contraint.
.
Jayne at the peak of Gunung Nuang

After having the sumptuous dinner with the other trekkers at the nearby restaurant in Ulu Langat, I headed home and have a good sleep at night and woke up late the next day. My body started to ache thereafter. The thought of thanking KC for organising such an enjoyable trip was stopped by the aching muscles..
A trekker has to cross the streams four times, trying to keep the trekking shoes dry at all times.
.
I have never been a marathon runner but I can imagine how the runner endures the process; gasping for air and feeling the muscles contract with pain. Trekking for long hours is no better than running. I wonder what on earth has possessed me to sign up for the Everest Base Camp trek that now I have to mentally and physically prepare myself by going through this sort of training. But deep down, I know it is that flaming passion for nature that is making this call. After all life is too short for being shilly-shally on pursuing things that one truly loves doing.

Written by Jayne Aw

Note by KC: Jayne will be joining the EBC team to trek to Everest Base Camp in October 2009. I am still looking for trekkers; do contact me if you are interested. click here for more information (scroll down the pages).
Click here for previous posting on Gunung Nuang...

1 comment:

Shiek Eng Meng said...

Hi KC

Where is the restaurant that you guys have dinner? The food looks very tasty ... yum yum.

We have been to Nuang twice but still do not know where to find a good "makan" place to treat ourselves after a long hard trek.

Shiek