Thursday, February 14, 2008

Adidas Shoes Wear-test Programme

“Shall I or shall I not take up the offer,” I was excited and yet uncertain. I pondered after reading the email sent by Mr. Krishnan, Head of Running of adidas Malaysia.

"adidas has brought in some very high performance technical running shoes to be given away to runners to wear-test them and to submit reports on the shoes arising from the test runs,” as explained in the email. “Interested runners are to schedule an appointment at Main office of adidas Malaysia, Plaza Damansara, Kuala Lumpur.”

There are a few Pacesetters runners whom I know in the same email: Pacemaker 1, Jamie Pang, Iwata Takatoshi, Lisar Onn, Jason Thiang, Lok Chan Chuen, Tey ET and GohCA.

The photos of the shoes sure look attractive and inviting to runners. I am sure it feels good to put them on and test run the shoes.

Heel Injury

I have not been doing competitive running for almost one year since I injured my right heel in September 2006 when I keenly competed in the Executive Rat Race that secured the Champion Team.

Since then, I have been diversifying into light running (on the grass at the playground near my house), gym work, badminton and trekking. I have been to a few local mountains and the most memorable one was a 17-day trekking trip to Cho La Pass (5,300 meters) in Nepal in May 2007.
Click Here.

After too many months of not putting on the running shoes, I know I need a catalyst to propel me into running again. The timing of the offer from adidas was just superb for me to resume into serious running. The brand new New Balance 1222 running shoes which I bought in 2007, only clocked in during its maiden 20km training run.

My adidas Supernova

I have been using adidas running shoes for many years. Prior to using adidas Supernova Cushion M4E, I was also using another pair of adidas.

What is of utmost concern to most runners for every step that you put forward mechanically when you run? Good cushioning! I was happy with the superb cushioning from adidas shoes.

My adidas Supernova is a durable pair of footwear. Out of the seven full marathons I did starting in 2004, it powered five marathons, including training runs and other half marathon runs! As Chee Wee, Penguin Runner-11, commented that I sure have a method to prolong the life of running shoes.

From the photos, which pair of running shoes is Supernova? Well, the golden yellow and the blue ones!
.

My Marathon Records

29 Feb 2004 KLIM 4:26 Previous Adidas
07 July 2004 Ipoh Marathon 4:14 Adidas Supernova
05 Dec 2004 SIM 3:51 Adidas Supernova (my best timing)
x
06 Mar 2005 KLIM 4:07 Adidas Supernova
04 Dec 2005 SIM 4:04:37 Adidas Supernova
x
05 Mar 2006 KLIM 4:22:52 Adidas Supernova
03 Dec 2006 SIM 4:22:01 Nike Airmax 180

KLIM = Kuala Lumpur International Marathon
SIM = Singapore International Marathon (or SCSM: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon)
.
Stolen
x
I was considering to retire the trusted Supernova, possibly, only for stand-by use. One Sunday morning, after the training run, I left the shoes at the car porch area. Two days later, when I wanted to go for a light run, then only I realized that the shoes were gone – stolen by thief. That was the only time in my life that I thank a thief for taking away my shoes. It sound funny but it was true.

All these while, I would think that thieves would strike only from Monday to Thursday nights. They would not come on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights with much night activities around. I was totally wrong – the thief came on a Sunday night.



To be continued …

Written by KC

2 comments:

C-CUBE said...

u sounds like a diehard Adi fan!!!!

KC & the Sunshine Runners said...

hi C-Cube... ha ha ha ha