Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Diving at Pulau Tenggol, Trengganu

Some of us run and some cycle at the flat lands within the country, while some hike up the various hills and mountains. There is one person that I know very well who likes a different type of outdoor activity -- he is my brother and he likes DIVING.

At times when I met him, he would relate to me how beautiful is the underwater world. I could not imagine what he meant until he purchased some expansive underwater photographic equipment and brought back some photos during his recent stint at Pulau Tenggol at Trengganu. He went to Pulau Tenggol the same time the Penguin Runners went up Gunung Irau on 18 June 2005.

Wow, I really could not believe what I see: I was spellbound by the captivating underwater scenes. Looking at these photos, you would totally agree with me that our country is blessed with beautiful water at the East Coast.


He likes diving because he finds peace and tranquility in the water. And also admiring the beautiful creation of nature. It is much tedious to dive. Other than the diving equipment, one needs to clock in certain amount of time under water. He needs to go through a series of training in order to dive -- entire different ball game.

Please click at the URL link below to take you to the KL Penguin photo albums maintain at Yahoo server.

How to go to Pulau Tenggol, Trengganu:
Two hours' drive from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan. From Kuantan, another 140km to reached Dunggun Jetty. From the jetty, another two hours' boat journey to Pulau Tenggol.

So far, he has done many diving trips. Among them are:
a. Pulau Tioman
b. Pulau Dayang and Pulau Aur (both near Mersing, Johore)


By Penguin-1 :-))




No comments: