Thursday, September 19, 2013

TMBT 100km Runners

To my TMBT 2013 comrades … imagine that it is almost close to mid-night and you are still soldering on in pitch darkness only to be guided by your headlamp heading uphill to the finishing line near to the posh hotel of Kota Kinabalu Heritage Hotel (KKHH). While you are still wondering how much longer to arrive there, you are motivated when you heard cheers from vehicles passing by that shouted “JiaYou” (加油 add more fuel). Then the song of Hotel California come into your mind … 

On a dark country ultra trail, cool wind of Mount Kinabalu in my hair 
Warm smell of my stinking body odour, rising up through the air 
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light 
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim 
I had to stop for the night 
And I was thinking to myself, 
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell" 
Welcome to the Hotel California 
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place) 
Such a lovely face 
Plenty of food at Hotel Heritage ... before I continue for another 50km in the cold night.

BRAVO to the 100km challengers! May the strength be with YOU!

Enjoy the song, Hotel California by The Eagles ... click here or here.


TMBT 100km challengers near Hotel Heritage, Kota Kinabalu, after clocking 50km ... photo courtesy of Vivien Tay

Posted by KC Leong

No comments: