Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Humorous Moments

Let me share with you three humorous stories during the Christmas Eve gathering and partying at Tammy’s house.

Cocktails
I was attracted to watch a young “bar tender” practising his skill in mixing cocktails under the supervision of a senior Pacesetters runner, who is an expert at mixing cocktails. He recommended the young man to mix a Black Russian drink followed by a Screw Driver for me. Those were interesting names. Besides, it sounds like a systematic approach of handling events – like running a 10km and later promote to half marathon.
.

Immediately, he started using a small stainless steel measuring utensil (triangular shape at both ends) pouring the black and clear vodka into a glass, stirring them and eventually topped it with ice.

I took a small sip of the cocktail, and it tasted sweet and good. Chatting with the running friends and sipping the cocktail, it enhanced the mood of jolly making and merriness. When the glass of cocktail was almost finished, I began to feel the strength of the drink. I was thinking: If I were to have another Screw Driver drink, that would not be very wise. Besides, they don’t give this type of name for nothing.

After the good food, I decided to have a small glass of beer and continue chatting with friends. After some time, Chan opened a bottle of wine placed at the bar table. While he poured the wine into a new glass for himself, I used the same empty glass for beer. After a sip, I commented to Chan and another lady runner (who was with Chan at that moment) that the wine tasted a bit salty. Immediately, she said, “That could not be as the wine I brought is a good wine.” Ha ha ha… it was really a coincidence that the unfavourable remark was spoken to the owner of the wine. So I said: “That must be the beer that confused my taste bud a little.”
.

Cheers !!

Santa Claus
The theme for the evening was red, and most present have something in red. The host quipped that a Santa Claus would be professional engaged. After a while, the magnificent Santa did appear. The Santa was tall and big size; everyone got excited to see the big belly. When Santa spoke, then only I realized that he was Tony P3.
.

Santa with the running/trekking shoes

Dancing
It was good to include a bit of dancing, somewhat like line-dancing. That evening, out of 10 runners, only one could dance well. Being able to dance well actually lift up the mood of the party. Yes, runners, maybe after the Sunday morning 20km training runs, someone can teach us line-dancing at Bukit Aman carpark.

Written by KC

No comments: