Thursday, November 22, 2007

Introducing Dory

Note: There is one extra complimentary ticket to the Main Grandstand of A1 GP World Cup of Motor Sports Malaysia at Sepang F1 Circuit this Saturday and Sunday (24 and 25 November). Courtesy of Steven Penguin-5.
If you are inteterested to go, please contact yours truly (KC) at 012- 266 8166.

======================================

“I would like to join you in the trekking trip to Pine Tree Trail in Fraser’s Hill. I will drive and come with a few friends.” When I read the email, my first reaction was that it would be quite a distance for her to go to Fraser’s Hill. She works in Penang as an Engineer.

The original trekking date, however, clashed with Jackie Cheung’s concert on 14 September 2007. I postponed the trip. But with the new date, she was not able to join.

Please click here to visit Lie Wei’s (or Dory) weblog.
.
Lie Wei with partially covered Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco

Alternatively, click the link (Dory - Wish upon a Star) at the left sidebar of this weblog.

She is an active person. She said: “I think anything to do with outdoor will be of my interest, but I especially love activities that burn calories and can keep body healthy, i.e. trekking, jogging, cycling, sightseeing, swimming, traveling, diving, etc. Hmmm… that is a long list of activities.”

She is now posted to the United States of America on work assignment and at the same time, holidaying. “I will be in US until a few days before Chinese New Year. I'm in California, so the places that I have visited are only in the state of California. So far, I've covered Hearst Castle in San Simeon, Kings Canyon National Park, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and San Diego Sea World. I am planning to visit Las Vegas in thanksgiving. Too bad that when I am here, it is nearing winter. If not, I might be able to go for a rim-to-rim trekking in Grand Canyon, going from North Rim to the South Rim. I heard that it is very challenging. However, the North Rim is closed during winter because of the extreme cold weather.”
.

Besides outdoor activities, here are her hobbies: “I collect stamps too. I like photography, though I am no pro photographer: not knowing deep about adjusting shutter speed, aperture, exposure and all but I like to take photos. And I don't own a RM3,000 dSLR camera. I cannot afford it yet, maybe in a few years’ time. I have some life long target that I would like to achieve: I wan to learn piano, travel the world. Am I too ambitious? Haha...”
.

Recently, after she had read the posting on “blind-man trekking stick” in KC&SR weblog, she emailed Steven P5 (from US) to deliver a trekking stick to her father as a gift for her father’s birthday. She is truly a thoughtful daughter. Her father is active in trekking too.
.

P.S. It is the thanksgiving holiday there. She will be having a long weekend off (4 days). She will be heading to Las Vegas. She hopes that that the traffic is not too congested. Otherwise, time will be wasted getting stuck in the traffic jam.

Posted by KC


.

No comments: