Monday, August 01, 2005

MMDS 3 – Johor Duathlon on 31 July 2005

Yeah, Penguin-2 and I survived the Johor Duathlon. Both completed the whole race in sub-4 hours. I was very satisfied with my timing: 3 hours 37 minutes. We did quite well considering that the race was Penguin-2’s maiden attempt. As for me, it was my second attempt after the Lumut Duathlon on May 15.


At the finishing area, I was quite shock to hear that a tough guy like Penguin-2, who clocked in 87km (more than two full marathon distance) within a 12-hour non-stop Kedah Ultra marathon, suffered muscle cramp at the biking segment. However, he was completely fine when taking on the final running segment.

The terrain here is challenging as the cyclists have to pedal hard for 5 ascents (hills). Unlike the Lumut Duathlon, the terrain there was as flat as airport. According to one experienced biker, the head wind was not that strong as compared to last year.

In biking, I was frustrated that no matter how hard I cycled, there were always fast cyclists who went past me, even the lady cyclists over-took me. But during the last segment of 9km running, I was having my sweet revenge.
Most of the runners within my vision were just running in slow motion or walking due to tiredness. At round 11am, the weather was hot and sunny. With the full marathon experience, I was still able to run though the pace was slower. I was able to over-take at least 25 runners; I liked that.

Not only that I am busy with the running/biking, I am also busy with taking photos. To capture the moments for you, I have slelected 62 great photos to share with you.

Click here to view more great photos ...

By Penguin-1



Click here to view more great photos ...

2 comments:

Keipo said...

p1 n p2:

Setinggi-tinggi taniah kpd dua abang penguin yg masih kuat dan muda....!!

Hati saya pun nak ikut juga lah...nampak shooook oh....!!

Well done !!

Keep going !

PM22
10.15am
3/8/05

Anonymous said...

Great! Penguin 1 & 2...well done.